- Court has Court Security Officer and a Subject Matter Expert regarding classified information assigned. Note: you should consider appointing a security expert to the defense team.
- Government or defense moves under MRE 505 for a 39a session to address issues regarding classified material.
- Court Security Officer insures that the courtroom is prepared should a closed session be necessary-Judge, counsel, accused, bailiff, escorts have clearances; courtroom is appropriate for the presentation of evidence; etc. (Court Reporter
may want to use a different machine for recording).
- Trial has a Grunden hearing.
- The Court makes specific findings regarding classified issues.
The Navy Code 17 publication contains extremely thorough and useful checklists for the
SJA, trial counsel, and military judge. Read it!