Gonzalez & Waddington – Attorneys at Law

Military Defense Lawyer Answers Commonly Military Law Questions

YouTube video

How Can I Avoid an Other than Honorable Discharge in the Military?

Military administrative separation lawyer, Michael Waddington, discusses how you can avoid an Other Than Honorable (OTH) discharge if you are facing an administrative separation in the military. If you are facing an administrative separation board, a show cause board, an officer elimination board, or any other type of administrative action in the military, then call 1-800-921-8607 to speak with a criminal defense attorney today.

Show Cause Board Attorneys – Officer Elimination Lawyers

An Other Than Honorable discharge is an administrative discharge. It’s the worst administrative discharge you can get in the military. You don’t want that if you can help it.

You want an honorable. But can you stop it? Can you fight it?

ff you’re getting an Other Than Honorable discharge, or they’re trying to give that to you, know that you have certain rights in the military. You have the right to go to some sort of an administrative separation board and fight your case and present evidence on your behalf with the lawyer at that board to try to convince the board that the misconduct didn’t occur, and if it did occur, then show that it wasn’t as bad as it was made out to be, or show that despite the misconduct, you’ve learned your lessons, and you deserve a second chance. It is your opportunity to show cause as to why you should be allowed to continue to serve in the military.

Military Administrative Separation Boards

ucmjarticle120680 Gonzalez & Waddington - Attorneys at Law

You can go into an administrative separation board facing an Other Than Honorable discharge and walk out of there having been retained on active duty and continuing on your career. It’s something that’s doable if you do it right, and if have the right fact pattern, and the best lawyer possible to present your case. Or you could walk out of there with an Honorable discharge sometimes, or a General discharge, and either one of those is better than an OTH. So yes, you can fight an Other Than Honorable discharge, and you should fight an Other Than Honorable discharge. You should always exercise your right to counsel and fight it out at a board to try to get something better than an OTH.

Army Board for Correction of Military Records

Skip to content